Do you offer continuing education?
One of the objectives of ATIS is to promote the training of qualified translators and interpreters. ATIS provides a half-day workshop at our spring AGM and fall meeting free of charge to our members. We try to find topics of interest to all language combinations. From time to time, we also offer discounted registration fees to courses given by other organizations, such as the Institut français at the University of Regina. We are looking into bringing Web-based training to our members and offering discounts for courses outside of Saskatchewan. Another area of training that we are exploring is a mentorship program. If this is something that you would like to be part of, either as a mentor or mentee, please contact us. Mentorship is an excellent way to increase the number of professional translators and interpreters in Saskatchewan. If there is a particular course or speaker that you think would benefit ATIS members, please let us know! We welcome your suggestions.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- I am looking for a job. Does ATIS have jobs for interpreters and translators?
- I speak several languages fluently. Can I write the associate-level exam for each on the same day?
- I have been a translator for a number of years. How can I become a member of ATIS?
- I need the services of a translator. Where can I find one?
- I want in! How do I become a certified interpreter or translator?