I have been a translator for a number of years. How can I become a member of ATIS?
Becoming a member is a three-step process:
Step 1: Attend a virtual orientation with ATIS, free of charge.
Step 2: Write the associate-level exam. It is the same for both interpreters and translators. If you pass the exam, you are then eligible to become an associate member of ATIS.
Step 3: Once you become an associate member, you can become a certified interpreter or certified translator. To get certified, you can apply through the ON-DOSSIER process or write an exam.
For more details about the process, click here.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- I am looking for a job. Does ATIS have jobs for interpreters and translators?
- I speak several languages fluently. Can I write the associate-level exam for each on the same day?
- I need the services of a translator. Where can I find one?
- I want in! How do I become a certified interpreter or translator?
- My language pair does not include English, or is very rare. Can I still join ATIS?